Okay so this is not anything new, in fact it happened when Ashley turned about 11 years old, I think, but I was looking through some pics that we took together around Christmas time and it is soooo depressing!!! I mean don't get me wrong, I am proud to have such a young, fun, and beautiful daughter...but when did I start looking so old, feable, and just plain tired. Where's all my youth and beauty, my spunk and gorgeousness??? I used to have it, I PROMISE!!! That's it, from now on I will ONLY take pictures next to short wrinkly old women in there 90's--know any, I really need a pick me up! :)
I guess a little makeup would help right?
Young, beautiful, and STRONG!
I used to carry this little girl around EVERYWHERE on my hip...um, sorry Ash, but I don't think that's happening!
I did it! But somehow it just doesn't seem as "Motherly"
Gotta love the teenagers!!!
ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, I get it! YES, I am a RUNT! Even my "little" sister is bigger than me! You know what, paybacks are...well, you know. And one day you two will be old and married, with kids draining the life out of you...your daughters will make fun, not acknowledging that you too were once young and a sight to behold....
Anyone ever seen CATS the musical??? Grizabella "The Glamour Cat" comes to mind! :)
It has been a lot of fun though, watching Ashley morph from a little, cute as a button, tiny tot, that used to snuggle up with me for hours. I remember her watching, eyes wide, as I would dress and put on my make-up and she would copy everything I did, tell me she thought I was beautiful, and she wanted to be just like me...
To a beautiful young woman! She doesn't need make-up tips or fashion advice, in fact now she feels she needs to give ME the advice--"are you really going to wear that?" "Mom, what do you have going on with your hair?". But I love who she has become, and now I get to step down, let her take the stage, and watch from the sidelines as she takes to the runway of life! I watch and applause, and wait for those few special moments when she still snuggles up with me and I know she'll always be my little girl no matter how BIG she gets!
3 comments:
Are you kidding me!? You still got it girl! Once Ashley is off to college, her friends will be jealous that she has a young and hot mom. I still can't believe she is a teenager. I'll be really sad when my kiddos are at the age where they don't want to cuddle anymore.:(
**You will be very proud---I updated my blog!**
Dustie I look older than you are and I am like 7 years younger than you! So dont even give me where is all your beauty gone??? You still have it!!! If you want to look at who looks old and not so pretty just look at my blog and you will see what I mean!
Post a Comment