I wanted to update my blog, but I don't have any pictures to post because my camera is outside in the Durango and it is stinking cold outside so I refuse to go out and get it!!! Besides I am happily cuddled up on the couch, the kids all tucked in their beds, and Eric is at church playing volleyball, not due back until who knows when. So, I have been checking out all of my friends blogs and seeing their cute families and fun escapades and I was just thinking "you know what, life is pretty darn fun!" I have a great family, great friends, and a warm blanket...a far cry from my thoughts just an hour earlier when I got home from grocery shopping (two different stores) with all four little ones tired and hungry--had to do the shopping tonight (grocery game--don't laugh I saved $100), I usually try to do it monday day. Eric came too, but the kids were not happy and it was cold and drizzly--I'll probably spend more than $100 at the doctor when my kids all get sick for having them out in this nasty weather. Anyway, we get home, too late to take baths, it'll have to wait for the morning, I LOVE rushing around trying to get baths in before school!!! And, throw pj's on, read scriptures and say prayers as the children continue their "meltdowns". Can it get any worse??? Then the phone rings!!! Thanks JEREMY, reminind Eric he is late for Volleyball, so out the door he goes while I put the kids to bed HYSTERICAL that Dad is leaving...I get Mister down! Yeah, a victory, then Kyla trips over a toy in the hall and must have cut her foot off because the wailing is now unconsoleable! Finally I get the girls in bed, and proceed to take Durham to his bed...I open the door and a wonderous ODOR knocks me over--Marshall has pooped in his pants, aauuugh! I had to wake him up to change the not solid poop, and while I was trying to roll up the NASTY diaper he PEED ALL OVER HIS BED!!! Pillow, sheets, blanket, teddy, it all got it. So as I am cursing Eric's name, I pull Marshall out of bed, set on the bed with Durham, change bedding, and watch as he, now fully awake, jumps on top of Durham's head just to hear him SCREAM!!!
I did finally get everyone to bed, and escaped into my world of blogging...So I guess this is a THANK YOU to all of my friends that let me escape into their worlds of happy blogging bliss when I can't handle my world another second. And help me realize we all go through and survive the maddness, and the good times far outweigh the bad! Eric thanks you too, he won't get his head bitten off when he wlks through the door, and I might even let him snuggle up with me on the couch in my cozy blanket, and chat about how much we LOVE our little sleeping babies!
5 comments:
Sounds like it was rough. I only have 1 and can hardly get him to bed with out screaming for 30 minutes! But it sounds like your little ones are doing well! Hope all is well! Oh and its not really that cold there. I would rather deal with that cold. Yesterday is was in the negatives most of the day. I know sad!
ha ha! glad i'm not the only one that curses my hubby's name when he's gone and i have to do EVERYTHING! :)
Gotta love my hubby for ignoring calls so he doesn't have to go to vball :o) Love the blogging world too b/c no one can talk back and you can curse your husbands name w/out it turning into a big thing...its cheap therapy :o)
Depeche Mode song comes to mind "Enjoy The Silence"...I love it when the kiddos are in bed and I can finally relax and snack!
What a night you had!! You're a good, STRONG, woman! We loved playing with y'all this week; your kiddos are so sweet! Love, Nicole
Post a Comment