Yes, I realize that this isn't a very good clear picture, BUT seriously, I'm surprised I could compose myself enough to take a picture in the first place--I just didn't think anyone would believe me! Here's the story:
The kids, one of their girl friends and I were all sitting down at the table for dinner. Dinnertime is always a silly time at our house, we love to play games at the table. We play "movies" where we take turns quoting a line from a movie and everyone has to guess the movie, and "telephone" the game of whispering from neighbor to neighbor and the last person repeats the sentence out loud to see if it made it around the table in it's original form, or when Daddy is home we all take turns telling jokes--that game is only fun with Daddy because Daddy knows all the good jokes, and Mom always forgets her punchlines.
Anyway, we were all absorbed into our game when Durham states calmly "Mom, there is a snake on our roof." A little annoyed because Durham has a tendency to change games in the middle quite frequently and LOVES to be able to shout out"tricked ya" even when no one even acknowledged the attempted trick, we all ignored him. Then as another movie line was being quoted with great enthusiasm, Durham looked over with wide eyes and horror on his face he said, "Mom, there is a snake on our roof", I thought he's definitely getting better at this tricking, I decided to see...
Just as I was telling Durham, "Oh, buddy, it's just a stick someone tossed up on the...IT MOVED!!!!" "OH MY GOSH THERE'S A SNAKE ON THE ROOF!!!" I ran outside, ran back inside, ran in circles trying to think who to call. Eric-out of town, Dad-out of town, Quinten, August--out of town!!!! TYLER!!! I called Tyler. HE WAS IN CYPRESS!!! "When are you coming back?!?!? There's a SNAKE ON MY ROOF!" Tyler being the hero that he is made a call to a friend, and he came over within minutes to rescue us from our horrifying ordeal!!! He jumped out of his truck, machete in hand, and saved the day! As the kids all watched in amazement, begging him not to hurt the snake, I quivered in the doorway ordering it be killed and taken away IMMEDIATELY!!! I was sure it was an extremely venomous snake just waiting to "jump" on top of the next passerby. Those of you that would tell me it was probably just a chicken snake sunning itself, harmless, and that snakes don't jump...you were NOT HERE!!! It was a HUGE SCARY CREATURE!!! Thank you Tommy for slaughtering the beast!
2 comments:
I can't believe there was an actual snake on your roof! How did it even get up there? Who knew snakes could scale buildings. I would have freaked, too.
I have never seen a snake on a roof before. That is scary. I could totally see that snake jumping off the roof and onto someones back and bite them. I am glad it is dead now. But hoprefully you wont have anymore snake problems ever.
Post a Comment