Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm back in the stone ages...

Okay, maybe not the stone ages, but I lost my cell phone AGAIN!!! This is the THIRD iphone in the last year that I have either lost or broken--Eric is not too happy with me right now! :) But, seriously, how in the heck are we supposed to survive without the technology we depend on. It's funny how you think the technology of smart phones has propelled our generation farther forward, but I think it has rendered us incapably of self survival! I had somewhere very important to go today, and couldn't find the way because without my phone I had no GPS, and no way of calling for directions--I had to stop at Walgreens and ask for directions! Who does that anymore!?! I had a very lonely, day because the ONLY phone number I have memorized is Eric's, so everytime I needed to call someone I had to call him to get the number from his phone, and then I had to listen to his reminding me that he is still on his first iphone!
Kyla wanted to call her friend, and we had to look up the number in the phone book (what's that?) and she couldn't figure out how to work the house phone!!! I really hope I find it soon, I have a horrible feeling that I threw it in the trash, with all the comotion of the baptism, and parties this weekend...that's the problem with multitasking!!! I can't tell you how many times I've misplaced or throw things away, because I'm doing 10 things, while thinking about 15 others!!! Oh and by the way, the only house phone we have is plugged into the wall, so when I AM on the phone, I'm STUCK sitting there!!! Ugh! Why, phone, why?? Why did you have to run away, I was treating you soo much better than the others, I even gave you a pretty pink case! Come back to me, I promise I'll never drop you again or let the kids play with you with sticky goopy fingers...perhaps I'll even keep you nice and charged! Please come back, I can't live without you!

1 comment:

Mary Mathews said...

aww. how sad. wow. iphones... I am still stuck on my good ol just camera phone where I can talk and text. But hey I am thinkin I am in the stone ages. One day you will find all of your phones and you will have a whole series of them. Oh put lo jack on your phone (or the locator so when you lose it Eric can do the gps finder on it for you!