Sunday, June 6, 2010

Found my phone! Losing my Mind!

I finally found my phone!!!! I just new I had thrown it away mindlessly, just like I do so many other things when my multitasking body leaps ahead of my much slower and less capable brain. It was in my church bag! The one place EVERYONE told me to look first! Stubborn, stubborn me, I just knew I had lost it saturday with all the comotion of Kyla's Baptism, therefore making it impossible that it could be in my Sunday bag...oops! It would have been much easier to check the church bag than dig through the NASTY, poopy diaper laden garage trash, or scower the entire church building several times, or tear up the house from one end to the other. Next time, next time.

What I've learned after a week with no phone...
I've learned that if I had to depend on my brain to recall a phone number in an emergency, I'd be in pretty bad shape! I had to look up phone numbers in the "phone book", yes they still exist! But, alas, no one publishes their cell numbers, and few people still have a house phone--if they do, they don't answer it (I have to include myself in that category).

I learned that people are confused if you have to physically go into a store to ask for directions somewhere...evidently I should call the place or GPS it!?!? Duh, I HAVE NO PHONE!

I learned that this IS my last Iphone, and if I lose it again, my husband will have no sympathy, and I will be forced to get a cheapo--No more GPS, Internet, or cool apps! :(

But, most importantly, I learned that I can get alot done when I'm disconnected from the world. I took my kids to the museum, and instead of constantly being interrupted, got to talk with them and explore and enjoy all the exibits. I have some pretty smart kids!

It's funny how we can feel like every call is important or might be an emergency, but they very seldom are. It's such an automatic response to answer the phone every time it rings...in fact, it's VERY difficult not to. But after a week, I found that no major crisis happened without me, and if it was something important people found a way to get a hold of me. I think this summer, I'll spend more time with my awesome kids, and less time with my phone! So if it's important, call twice!!! :)

1 comment:

Mary Mathews said...

I guess losing your phone was a good thing. Although with the chepo phones as you call them still have gps. But I am glad you found it. Does that mean you got my text?