Friday, April 24, 2009

MARCH 30, 2009

Durham's 1st Birthday
Handsome Boy
Durham's 3rd Birthday


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DURHAM
4 years old
DURHAM'S STORY:
Durham comes in number 4 following THREE sisters!!! I still remember when we went in for the ultrasound and the tech said, "it looks like a boy"! Eric and I just stared at each other like "did we hear her right? Surely she doesn't know what she's talking about--we only have GIRLS" We had already decided he was going to be a girl, and we'd have "The Mach Girls". Eric said he loved the girls, and it didn't matter if he ever had a boy! Well...I think he told at least three people on the way out of the hospital, and the usually shy Eric would strike up conversations with strangers just to tell them he was having a SON! Since then, EVERYTHING has CHANGED in out family dynamic!! Our calm pink inspired and Barbie cluttered house is no longer!!! Durham has brought balls, trucks, noise, and chaos into our family, and we love every minute of it, wall almost every minute! :)

My first boy, I love doing his hair--for the first couple of years I spiked it all over, it reminded me of a little lion! The boy was known for his hair, I cried when I cut it, but Eric said it was "out of control". Now, per Durham's request, I only spike the front! He says he likes it "cool"!
He is VERY SMART! He is definately a thinker! I am always asking him how he knows the things he knows, to which he assures me, "Because I MART!" He loves to talk and tell stories, he speaks v e r y s l o w l y so we can be sure to understand him clearly, but FYI, DO NOT INTERUPT!!! Any interuption will result in him having to "START ALL OBER"! So before you start a conversation with out sweet boy, make sure you have plenty of time to listen.
He is ALWAYS jumping off of things, tons of energy! He just got a new bike, and he launches himself down the hill full speed, whereas the girls still try to avoid the hill all together.
He is a very sweet boy, when we put hin to bed at night, I always say "goodnight handsome", to which he replys "goodnight butiful"! He always offering hugs and kisses, and when we drop the girls off at school he make sure he tells each off them "Have a good day, I love you!" The ladies in the drop off lines think he's a doll!
My precious baby boy, I love you so much and you bring so much joy into our family!
HAPPY 4TH BIRHTDAY1

No comments: