Saturday, October 18, 2008

Camden is 5 Years Old (October 10)

Camden starting to open her presents...
Kyla thinking maybe her not getting any presents might not be that fun...
One of the presents Camden got was a Littlest Pet Shop toy. Cami liked it okay, but Kyla LOVES Littlest Pet Shop, and was absolutely beside herself, and unconsolable at the injustice of Camden getting a toy that SHE likes...oops I better do better shopping next time.

Kyla finally composed herself, kinda, and gave Camden the sweetest gift ever. Wrapped up in her leotard, because she didn't have any wrapping paper, was one of Kyla's prized Littlest Pet Shop animals-a sweet little dog. It was so touching, it almost made me cry-actually it did, but I tried not to show it. There is nothing more special than to see your children selflessly show their love for one another. That was a very special gift to Cami. Kyla is a sweet girl. I have wonderful children.
So Camden's birthday was a little crazy. First, we have had sooo much going on and sooo much stress (more on that in a later post) that I did not even try to plan a birthday party for my precious Camden. BUT, I had to make the day special, after all 5 is a very big deal. So I woke up early that morning, made some heart shaped pancakes just for Cami, stacked them high and stuck a candle in. Then, I woke up my precious angel with a kiss, hug and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! She came into the kitchen for breakfast, and when she sat down I lit the candle and started to sing "Happy Birthday". Sounds great right??? WRONG! She was FURIOUS!!! She did NOT want a candle in her pancakes, she did NOT want to blow it out and make a wish, she did NOT want to be sang to! She screamed and cried like only she can, and stormed off to her room. So that was the start of the wonderful morning. Finally, I blew out the candle and we coaxed her to come eat as long as no one acknowleded her or her birthday in any way. So, okay, I thought maybe this not having a party thing was a good idea...
But then, when we picked her up from school, she jumped into the car, happy as a clam, with a HUGE Happy Birthday hat on, and her teacher told me what a wonderful day she had had--they had the princess cupcakes I had sent to school, and they sang "Happy Birthday" to her THREE times--she loved it. WHAT??? Maybe I just can't sing, is that it? And, it only got worse...
After we picked Kyla up from school, the girls got home and decided that they were going to decorate the house for Cami's birthday party, and fill up water balloons. I thought it was a pretty cute idea, until about an hour later, while still decorating and filling they stopped to ask "so when are all of my friends going to get here for the party?" OOPS! Um, about that...they aren't. I felt about two inches tall (and yes I am taller than that normally). Luckily, Grandma Judy and Papa Dennis did come over with presents and we went out to eat. My parents came over Sunday with presents and we had a brownie cake--although we were not allowed to sing to or look at her, and she again refused to blow out the candles. Oh well, she's my Cammers! She is 5 years old, and Yes, that really is a big deal!

3 comments:

Mary Mathews said...

WOW! Sounds like you had an ecxiting day. I didn't know that 5 years old was that big of a deal but I will now take it into account and remember that for later. It does look like you had a good time in the pictures though.

Jason said...

okay dustie... where do i begin? i've just spent forever looking at every single thing on your blog. YOU HAVE THE CUTEST FAMILY! so so so cute. i can't get over the girls in their dance costumes. and those pictures of marshall in the wheel barrow are just too cute for words. everything was so cute. i'm so glad you started a blog! i googled you a while ago but didn't find you. but then i talked to shelly yesterday-- so that's just so cool you're blogging.

Sabs said...

don't you just adore sensitve children?:) happy b-day cammers!