Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gig'em Aggies

Last Weekend I got to go with Eric to College Station to watch the Texas A&M vs. Kansas State game from awesome air-conditioned box seats. It was really nice because the game started at 1:15 in the afternoon and it was HOT! The game wasn't all that great, we lost! BUT, I did get to meet up with my girlfriend Shannon, she lives in Dallas and I don't get to see her much (we were roommates in Europe, on our Marketing study abroad trip, and she was Maid of Honor in our wedding). Anyway, I had a great time walking around campus and North Gate with Shannon, Eric and friends, reminiscing about the good old days. When we were young and cute and without responsibilities. We went by the Century Tree where Eric proposed to me in front of our family and friends, then to Fitzwillies and sat and chatted. It is amazing how fast the years have gone by, and how much we have all changed. It was so much fun to just spend a few hours in the past. But then, on the way home I had to really think about how blessed I have been. I wouldn't ever want to go back. I have a wonderful husband, five beautiful children, and a great life. I may not be young (30 really snuck up on me) and cute anymore, and my life is FULL of responsibilities, but I wouldn't have it any other way!



1 comment:

Chauntel said...

It's so true that life only gets harder but better in sooo many ways. I love your blog background. I can't believe how cute your whole family is.