Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Haunted Castle

The other day we were shopping with the kids in Walmart, and there strategicly placed on an end cap (I think it even had a light from heaven and angels singing--kinda like the Sword in the Stone) was the Haunted Castle Cookie Kit. My first thought was eeew, how long has that cookie been in that box, but of course my children brought me around. We have all heard of and made many wonderful memories with the old "gingerbread house", but why wait 'til Christmas for the sugar coated fun? So I shelled out the $10--yes, I know, NOT a bargain (comercialism and consumerism at it's best) and brought home our prize. After listening to the "can we make it NOW?" every 20 minutes all week, I finally said okay, and sunday after church we created our MASTERPIECE!
the anticipation was KILLING them...

Mister was a good helper

We had to make sure we got the candy decorations just right--one on the castle, two in the mouth.

CHEESE! HaPpY HaLlOwEeN!


We had a great time, the candy was very tasty, and the end result was a very spooky Haunted Castle!




5 comments:

Tiffani Games said...

Very cute! But you spent $10?!? You never spend that much on anything! I guess that if you divide it equally between the 4 kids then it isn't that much!

Mary Mathews said...

You have such a cute family. I love ya'll guys so much. Your kids look so happy and Marshall(I hope I spelled his name right) is getting so so BIG!

Jason said...

oohhh. i miss halloween. what kind of stupid country doesn't celebrate halloween?

Mckenzie Taylor Schild said...

that is cool... and you didnt not let me come over and make it with yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........... lol thanks!!!

Mary Mathews said...

So I know that I already commented on this one but I would like you to update your blog!!! I would like to see more pictures of your wonderful family!