Tuesday, November 4, 2008

HALLOWEEN 2008

This year we decided we were all going to dress up as character's from the wizard of OZ. I had been tellIing the story to the kids, then McDonald's came out with the toys in their Happy Meals, and the kids were sold. I figured that I would have a time with a few, if not all, with not wanting to wear their costumes, but they all loved them EXCEPT Dad...he pouted and refused to wear the "Wizard of OZ" costume I made for him. I could only remember the floating head from the movie, so I bought a black sheet, cut a hole in it and told him to wear it--he was NOT impressed. I got him to wear it breifly during the ward trunk-or-treat, but no luck after that--PARTY POOPER! :) I dressed as the scare crow, which Eric said is appropriate...NOT funny! Durham was the Tin Man, because he got to carry an AX, Kyla Dorothy, of course, because she is the STAR of the show. She was very proud of her costume, complete with basket, Toto, and red ruby slippers--Thanks Gammy for making it for us! Cami was Glenda the good witch, and Mister Marshall Man, the Cowardly Lion.

Eric had a meeting that afternoon in College Station, so we all went along, and met up with Kara, Cadence (Superman) and Cotulla (Angel). We visited with my brother and Trick-or-treated a few dorms on campus. We got TONS of candy, all of which I carefully inspected and pulled out any defected pieces...funny thing is all the TWIX and many chocolate bars had to be confiscated for more full inspection. Man, I have GOT to start going to the gym again!

The girls "following the yellow brick road"

Marshall
"Cowardly Lion"

Durham & Dad
"Tin Man" & "Wizard of OZ"
Durham testing out the Tin Man ax on the poor tree

a tuckered out Tin Man

Camden
"GLENDA THE GOOD WITCH"


Kyla
"DOROTHY"





















Chowing down on the night's spoils--a successful haul.

I think the scrary part of this picture is FOUR adults chasing SIX little ones through the busy dorm parking lot in the dark--oh the thrills! P.S I think that's about a 5 foot drop off the back of the wall Kyla is sitting on! Gotta love it! :)

Strolling the Halls of the dorms--not a bad idea, since we do live in Texas, and the dorms are AIR CONDITIONED! I have to give Kara a thumbs up for the dorm idea!

The CREEPY HaUnTeD HoUsE on my brother's street

Kyla made it through...

Durham made it through...
The other's were content to wait outside.


We used my little brother's house as home base for out trick-or-treating excursions. We changed clothes and ate there. They don't have any kids yet, so it was quite a "treat" for me to see him pacing around his house while six kids age 6 and under ran around like maniacs, excited for Halloween to finally be here. Sorry Harley, but it was HILARIOUS--you need to start the babies soon, or you are going to have a heart attack one of these times we come to visit.












So after we all got dressed up, we had to go outside and ring the doorbell, so we could get some CANDY!!! Jordan, my brother's wife is dressed as "Prince" the singer--purple satin pants, five o'clock shadow and all, very cool!





















The kids mooching more candy from Uncle Harley and Aunt Jordan, again. Their's was the one of only three or four houses on the street with their light's on so the kids thought they needed to knock on the door several times to make up the difference.

My brother Harley as Elvis...the kids didn't quite get it, but they thought he was funny anyway, and since he let them Trick-or-Treat at his house THREE times, they thought he was pretty cool. Thanks Uncle Harley and Aunt Jordan for all the CHOCOLATE!


Halloween was a Blast! Okay, so it was a little EXHAUSTING chasing around SIX little ones, all hopped up on sugar and "goof balls", but we had FUN, and most importantly we lived to tell about it!



























3 comments:

Mary Mathews said...

I love the halloween pictures!!! You guys are such a cute family.

Jeri said...

Cute pictures and I love the new back ground! Talk to you soon

Jason said...

okay: BEST POST EVER!!! i had a big smile on my face the whole time i was looking at it. just loved it. such a cute idea to be wizard of oz characters. so dang cute.