. . .or a SWING in the park!
Eric and I decided to go very low-key this Valentine's Day. When he asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day, I told him I just wanted to sleep in. Sooo, that's what we did! We slept in until 10:30am then we all loaded up and headed to Denny's for breakfast. Yeah, for me, no cooking!!! Then we decided we'd all go to the park. We had so much fun just playing, sliding, swinging, and being together. Then we took the kids to the movie to see "Hotel for Dogs"--they loved it. We were home by 5pm and relaxed the rest of the evening. What could be better? It was a PERFECT Valentine's Day!
Now if you are one of those who thinks that Valentine's Day is for couples, I would have to disagree. It's a day to celebrate LOVE and for me, LOVE is FAMILY! Or maybe that's what you tell yourself when you have too many kids, that are too young to get an overnight sitter, and you don't have the money to take that romantic getaway to the Bahamas??? Either way, friday night we did get some grown-up only time. We had a nice dinner and Newly Wed Game night with friends. We did NOT win, however a few had picked us for who they thought were the most romantic couple, BUT it didn't take long for one of the spouses to correct the assumption by reminding everyone, "do you not notice that they are ALWAYS arguing?" Well, Cory, if you must know that "playful bantering" is how the Mach's FLIRT with one another!!! Hey, everyone has their thing, right? We like to tease and argue for our own entertainment, probably not the healthiest thing, but it makes Eric laugh and flash his GORGEOUS dimples, and that drives me CRAZY!!! Oh romance!!!!
3 comments:
How fun! we spent the day with our monkeys as well. I made a big chocolate chip heart cookie and decorated it and we bought a heart pizza for dinner. Then we enjoyed charlie brown and snuggled with the kids.
Looks like you guys had a blast!!! I spent the day with Bryen and that is really all we did. (Deven was in Reno for a school function). The park looked like so muc fun!! Where is that park at??
So cute!! I'm with you on the Valentine's family thing....although we do the same, fitting in some couple time too. It isn't glamorous, but hey, just time alone is a treasure. Glad you had a good day...you guys are all soooo beautiful!
Post a Comment