Anyway, the other day Eric and I were in his office and Durham came in with what I thought was a new role play for his imagination:
Durham: "Mom, does my tongue look like a dragon tongue?"
Mom: "Let me see...(he sticks out his tongue)...Oh, yes! It looks just like a
Dragon's tongue!"
Durham: "Do I look like a Dragon?"
Mom: "Well,...(mom inspects very closely)...oh yes, your eyes look just like Dragon
eyes! Oh you MUST be a Dragon!"
(DURHAM LEAVES THE ROOM)
(MOM IS VERY SATISFIED THAT SHE JUST MADE HER SON'S DAY)
(DURHAM COMES BACK MINUTES LATER EYES FILLED WITH TEARS)
Mom: "Durham! What's WRONG???"
Durham: "Why do I look like a DRAGON???"
Mom: "Oh, baby, don't you want to look like a dragon?"
Durham: (through tears) "No, I don't want to be a dragon! My tongue looks like a
dragon tongue!!! (more sobs)
Mom: (very confused) "Durham, wait let me look again...(inspecting even more
closely) wait, look at Mommy's tongue, it looks like yours, and no you have blue
eyes like Mommy, turn around, (Durham turns) oh now I see, you don't have a
tail, you CAN'T be a dragon!!! You look like Mommy! You are Mommy's
BOY!!!" (Mom gives him a big hug)
Durham: "Dad, IS MOM A DRAGON!"
Dad: (laughing hysterically) " No, son...well, only ONCE A MONTH!"
Mom: (NOT laughing--gives Dad VERY dirty look)
Durham was finally satisfied enough to continue his play, as a BOY, but now Dad was left in the office to fend for himself with Mom the DRAGON!!! :)
5 comments:
You are the best!! You never know what kids are thinking or how they will take comments. Love the pictures and the update!
LOL! That is a great story!
Well Happy Belated Bday to you both and I totally forgot I was older than you! ugh :( I can't seem to lose the 10 lbs that are clinging to my body.
love ya!
Precious!!!
We sure miss the Mach family. I know that we were the ones to move, but we still miss all of you. And since I washed my cell phone and all my contacts are now gone. Dustie please give me a call or and email. I can't seem to find that either. amie
Post a Comment