This post should have been posted a month or so ago, but I'm just getting around to it-not surprising, I am a SLACKER!
My dad, the Best Pa in the world, invited us all out to the monster truck races at Reliant Stadium. Why doesn't he ever call about Disney on Ice, or the Nutcracker, or I don't know even the museum or zoo. NO, with my Dad it's always Monster Trucks, the Gun Show, the Boat Show, or Car Races. When he originally invited, he asked if the grandkids wanted to go to see the monster trucks. I told him Durham and Marshall probably would, but he could ask the girls too. He asked if Eric and I wanted to go, um, a quick "NO not really, especially if you are taking all the kids...Eric and I could have a night alone". Sounded like heaven on earth. Well, being the "hilarious"-note sarcasm, Dad that he is, he called Eric and told him he had invited us all--Eric was excited! Then I told him the other offer, and he too felt tricked! Oh, Dad, you are such a stinker!!!
Anyway we ALL went, at least we would have fun with the kids. And we did, it was much less "hickville" than I expected, although there were plenty interesting characters to watch, and possibly AVOID! But then again, we were with MY family, it's kinda hard to get any more strange than that. :) LOVE YOU GUYS!

Pa had to get just the right seats, high and center, so...up, up, up we walked. Little ones in tow, thanks to my brothers for helping keep track of everyone.


We FINALLY made it up to the top, the kids thought it was sooo cool to be so high and be able to look down on the city! My mom and other brother Tyler and Sister McKenzie were already up in the seats waiting for us, my Dad and brothers Quinten and August waited for us so they could help with everyone--I do have a great family! My dad was really excited to show everyone the BIG, LOUD Monster Trucks!


I jumped in the pic for this one, when you're the family photographer you don't get in many!

Kyla thought the gas, or what ever they are burning for fuel stinks! It did kinda give me a headache, or maybe it was the noise!!!

Marshall LOVED the big trucks, especially when they did donuts!

Durham was on the edge of his seat the whole time, he liked it ALL!!!

In the end we all had a GREAT time, and the kids talked about it for weeks. I guess that is what grandparents are for, making fun memories, even ones MOM tried to avoid. Thanks Pa and Gammy for taking us all out! It was a BLAST!
2 comments:
It would of been a lot funnerrr (I know it's not a word) if I was not sick...
I am so not going to tell Michael about this one! He loves monster trucks!!!! How fun! I can only imagine how loud it was!!! You're a real trooper!
Post a Comment