Camden's First Day of PreschoolAugust 2, 2008

So we tried to start the day off with a good breakfast, but my normally excellent eater Cami (and when I say excellent, I mean she "starts" breakfast with a bowl of cereal while real breakfast is being cooked, eats second breakfast, and then eats third breakfast with any stragglers that might be eating late [Ashley]) wasn't interested in eating breakfast at all. I think she did finally eat a waffle or bowl of cereal, but only nibbles. She had been soo excited about going to school all summer, and now she wanted to stay home. Poor little Camer Slam, she is the baby girl. Finally, she did get dressed and off. Daddy and I drove her there (about 25-20min away) and she protested the entire time. I had no idea she was soo good at negotiating, but she was convinced if she plead her case well she would not have to go. But alas, Mom and Dad won--as they always do, and we were able to get her out of the car and to her class. She looked sooo cute in her little first day of school outfit, the little purple backpack and her hair in piggy tails.
Daddy's Baby Girl
Cammers wasn't too apprehensive once we got into the classroom. She found her chair and checked out the other kids and joined right in with an activity on the table. She came and told us about all the "friends" she had made, she didn't know their names, but she really liked "the girl with the really curly hair". I could tell she really felt grown-up making friends all by herself that she didn't have to share with her brothers and sisters--these friends are all hers.

So we left our baby girl, shead a tear, came back and peeked into the room one more time to make sure she was okay--she was, and that was that. All are girls in school, who would have thought this day would have come so soon. :(
4 comments:
Great job on your blog! So I've added you to my friends list! I didn't know you had cut Kyla's hair. Wow, now her and Camden look so different. But of course they still dress the same :)
hooray you're a blogger!:) so addicting right? such cute little "babies".
Dustie, I loved reading about your family; y'all are beautiful inside and out! We had a great time playing and eating today. Thanks for having us over! I'm adding your link to our blog.
See you next week! Nicole
Post a Comment