We looked up the information on-line and discovered that the minimum donation length was 10 INCHES!!! That's a LOT of hair. I figured we would try again some other time, but after viewing the before and after pictures of the children on the Locks of Love website, Kyla was determined she was going to do it! So we all held our breath as Gammy measured 11 INCHES and made the cut! I must confess, I did shed a tiny tear. Then Kyla packed up her pony tail, wrote a sweet letter to the child that she imagined would be recieving it and we mailed it off. She was so excited and happy to be helping someone else. AND the bonus is...her haircut was totally CUTE! She was shocked at first, but after we fixed it in two little low ponies (her favorite way to wear it) she LOVED it! So much in fact she did not want Cami to cut her's because she loved how she looked and wanted to be different (Camden always gets attention for her hair, and now Kyla was basking in the lime light). Not to worry though, after seeing Kyla get hers chopped, Camers wouldn't let us anywhere near her with the scissors. Although, we did finally tie her down for a much needed trim.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Kyla's New Look
We looked up the information on-line and discovered that the minimum donation length was 10 INCHES!!! That's a LOT of hair. I figured we would try again some other time, but after viewing the before and after pictures of the children on the Locks of Love website, Kyla was determined she was going to do it! So we all held our breath as Gammy measured 11 INCHES and made the cut! I must confess, I did shed a tiny tear. Then Kyla packed up her pony tail, wrote a sweet letter to the child that she imagined would be recieving it and we mailed it off. She was so excited and happy to be helping someone else. AND the bonus is...her haircut was totally CUTE! She was shocked at first, but after we fixed it in two little low ponies (her favorite way to wear it) she LOVED it! So much in fact she did not want Cami to cut her's because she loved how she looked and wanted to be different (Camden always gets attention for her hair, and now Kyla was basking in the lime light). Not to worry though, after seeing Kyla get hers chopped, Camers wouldn't let us anywhere near her with the scissors. Although, we did finally tie her down for a much needed trim.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Finally, I can leave a note! I love the new haircut. You can see Kyla's face better. Plus, I LOVE the pigtails! They are so cute!
SO everyone in my class says AWWWWWW! how sweet! and how cute Kyla bell is!
Post a Comment